Thursday, June 22, 2006

So Long, Goodbye, To You My Friend

Brutality, desperation, pain all in the name of football. It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to Team USA from the world cup. The first of two already fallen heroes of my personal collection of favorites (adios República Checa). Beasley and the boys could not pull a win or catch a break from the Football Gods and most importantly the incompetent referee. Even with the help of the oh so beautiful Italian team, the good old red white and blue is now packing their bags and saying auf wiedersehen to the best, albeit cruel, competition in the world.

As I pick myself up off the floor, where I lay crouched in the fetal position after today’s loss, I ask that we all take a moment of silence here, to honor the great team known as Team Beasley USA. Alright, PLAY BALL!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home